The Town is committed to providing safe passage for residents, visitors and businesses and ensuring roadways are passable for emergency response vehicles.
The health and safety of our community is of utmost importance – Keep it Clear is a proactive approach to community safety during the winter season.
- The Town will declare a #LincolnON winter event upon declaration of a significant snowfall which prompts our Winter Control operations to be initiated.
- The Town is asking that everyone “Pay it forward” and do not park vehicles on the road. Vehicles on the road cause a major obstruction and hazard to Operation Crews who are working around the clock to clear the roads. In addition, it creates access concerns for emergency services vehicles.
- The Town parking provision prohibits vehicles from being parked on the road during a declared snow event or sudden snowfall in excess of 5cm.
- During a snow event, Parking will be prohibited for up to 72 hours on any municipal street where parking is normally permitted. Any vehicle that is found to be parked on the municipal streets during a snow event which has or may impede the snow clearing operations, will be subject to parking enforcement with a set fine of $75.00 and the vehicle may be subject to towing.
- Town staff attempt to have all roads cleared within 72 hours.
To find out when “Keep it Clear” is in effect, follow @TownofLincolnON
For comments or concerns:
Winter operations call 905-563-2799 ext. 234 or send us an email. Please note that during a storm we are busy responding to & clearing snow. Please leave a message and we'll call you back after the storm.
If you wish to make a complaint about a vehicle(s) parking on the street during a snow storm, please complete our Online Complain Form.