The Administrative Monetary Penalty System
What is AMPS?
- It is an efficient process for collecting, appealing and paying penalties associated with non-compliance of a By-law, Regulation or Act
- It uses a compliance-based approach, not criminal in nature, adopted by municipalities across Ontario
- It is a review system of “screenings” and “hearings”, conducted by the Town of Lincoln
- It improves safety and by-law compliance in the community
Penalty Notice Payment Options
You have 15 days from the issue date entered on your penalty notice to pay the infraction.
- Pay online
- By mail – send the payment (cheque ONLY) in a sealed envelope. Please indicate the infraction number on the envelope.
- In person at Town Hall
Screenings and Hearings
You can dispute a parking penalty notice (ticket) by booking a screening with a screening officer at the Town of Lincoln. To book a screening, please contact Municipal Law Enforcement at 905-563-2799 ext. 280.
- You have 15 days from the date of the penalty notice to request a screening. The screening decision will result in either ticket payment, adjustment or cancellation.
- Only after a screening decision has been given, are you then able to dispute the outcome with a hearing officer – you are unable to go directly to a hearing
- Screenings are conducted as needed, through email
- Screening decisions are communicated through email with a decision letter
- Please note: if you do not attend your scheduled screening or hearing appointment given to you, there will be a non-appearance fee charged to you and added to the notice amount.
- After 15 days, an MTO search fee will be added, and after 30 days, late fees and an MTO Plate Denial Fee will be added to the original infraction amount.
- If you drive away before an officer can place a notice on your vehicle, an additional $10 fee will apply.
- This will be charged as an MTO (Ministry of Transportation Ontario) search fee and added to your ticket to cover the cost of the MTO license plate search.
- Subsequently, the ticket will be mailed to the address associated with that license plate. You will still have 15 days to pay the ticket.
- No-show for a screening is $50.00 and for a hearing it is $100.00.