Request a Proclamation

Proclamations are ceremonial documents issued and signed by the Mayor to recognize the value and importance of a person, event, campaign, or organization for a certain day, week, or month. These proclamations are an official announcement issued by the Mayor at Council. Acknowledgement is normally given to reward the efforts and commitment of individuals or organizations that enhance our community and are significant to Lincoln residents. Proclamations will be included in the Council Agenda for the month proclaimed. 


  • Submission must be received four weeks in advance of the Council meeting - late submissions will not be considered 
  • A request must be submitted by representatives of a recognized charity or community group based in the municipality of Lincoln  
  • Will be issued only with respect to activities that support residents of Lincoln or related events taking place in the municipality, including: 
    • Public awareness campaigns 
    • Charitable fundraising campaigns 
    • Arts and cultural celebrations or awareness  
    • Honours, remembrances, or major celebrations 
    • Special anniversaries for non-profit organizations that benefit the community of Lincoln 

Please Note: 

  • Individuals and organizations seeking proclamations to recognize regional, provincial, or national causes or events will be referred to the other appropriate order of government recognition 

The Town of Lincoln reserves the right to decline any request. 

Notice of Collection 
Personal information contained on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25 and will be used for the purposes of administering your request for a proclamation.  

  To request a proclamation, please complete the form below.  

Organization or Community Group Information


Contact Information


Proclamation Information

One file only.
2 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, txt, rtf, html, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx.

If you wish to invite the Mayor to an event or request a certificate please complete the relevant forms: