The new Residential Mice & Rat Removal Rebate Program will help residents cover the cost of removing mice & rats from outside their homes. The program will give residents 50 per cent (up to a maximum of $200) toward the cost of a licensed Ontario exterminator to assist with the removal of mice and rats from the exterior of their residential property in urban areas.
How the process works
- Before applying, please ensure you do not have any of the following on your property:
- Bird feeders
- Vegetable gardens
- Dog feces
- Waste (any debris, rubbish, refuse, sewage or garbage arising from residential use)
- To be eligible for a rebate, you must first complete and submit the Intake Form (below) and have the exterior of your residential property inspected by a Town Municipal Law Enforcement Officer under the provisions of the Clean Yards by-law and/or the Property Standards by-law to determine any non-conformities. The officer will suggest natural tactics to naturally remove mice or rats from your residential property.
- If your property conforms to the prescribed standards, you may choose to hire an exterminator to assist with the removal of mice or rats from the exterior of your property.
- The Residential Mice & Rat Removal Rebate Program is only available to residents who hire a licensed Ontario exterminator to assist with removal from the exterior of their residential property.
- If you do not choose to hire a licensed Ontario exterminator, you will not be eligible to apply for the Residential Mice & Rat Removal Rebate Program.
- Residents must have the exterminator complete a Contractor Information Form (PDF). We recommend printing off the form in advance, so the contractor can complete the form when they are at your property.
- You will be required to submit receipts from your contractor (proof of payment in the form of a cancelled cheque, front and back, or by credit card or bank statement with personal information concealed) as part of the rebate process.
- Once the exterminator has completed the work, you can apply for the rebate.
- Please submit the following to the Town in person (4800 South Service Rd., Beamsville) or electronically via email.
- Completed and signed Contractor Rebate Form (in JPG or PDF format)
- Copies of the receipts provided by your contractor indicating the work they performed on your property (in JPG or PDF format)
- For ease, we recommend scanning the files and saving them to your computer prior to beginning the application process
- Town staff will review your rebate application. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.
- If your application is approved, a cheque will be issued.
- If your application is denied, a Town representative will provide you with the reasons for the denial.