The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
We are looking for a progressive, innovative and customer focused team player to assist in achieving the Town’s strategic priorities and help shape the next phase of Lincoln’s growth and development. Reporting to the Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer is responsible for directing and overseeing the Town’s financial functions: budget, cash flow and investment management, capital planning and funding models, payroll, billing and full-cycle accounting. Responsible for assuming the roles and requirements of the Treasurer in his/her absence, as well as preparation of reports to Council and attendance at Council meetings when required. In addition, this leader champions customer service, asset management and supports fiscal sustainability and financial modernization initiatives while effectively leading staff to build a high-performance, engaged team.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- Professional Accounting Designation (e.g. CPA)
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive experience in municipal finance
- Experience leading unionized staff is an asset
- Detail knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards
- Excellent oral and written communication and diplomatic skills
- Proven leadership and mentoring abilities; team building and staff management skills
- Proven process improvement experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough knowledge of municipal finance operations
- Thorough knowledge and the ability to interpret the Municipal Act, Development Charges Act, Assessment Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act and other relevant legislation
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, accountability and attention to detail
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening work
The Town of Lincoln offers an attractive, competitive total rewards package, a progressive work environment, and career advancement opportunities. The salary range for this position is: $114, 824 - $134,329.
To apply please use one of the following options by Sunday October 1, 2023:
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.