The Benchlands Destination Development Fund is designed to help support new and expanded projects in both the short and long term, encouraging local businesses and tourism operators to collaborate and foster innovative, capacity-building tourism products and events that have a measurable impact on Lincoln’s tourism economy. Tourism-based events and activations help draw visitors to our community creating opportunities for economic growth, job creation, and investment attraction.
Priority consideration will be given to projects that demonstrate:
- The greatest cross-sector collaboration amongst other tourism-based businesses, organizations, and key suppliers in the Town of Lincoln’s tourism ecosystem.
- Management by a business/organization of strategic importance to the tourism sector in the Town of Lincoln.
- A measurable contribution to Lincoln’s tourism economy.
- A solid rationale for the project’s capacity to draw external visitors and create opportunities for increased visitor spending or overnight stays.
- Job creation in Lincoln, particularly in the areas of tourism, culture, and value-added agriculture.
- A need for financial assistance.
- Potential for wider media exposure for the Niagara Benchlands destination, including locally, nationally, and internationally.
- A strong accessibility and inclusivity plan, that supports underrepresented groups such as:
- Indigenous Peoples
- Members of Official Language Minority Communities
- Age-Friendly Communities
- Persons with Disabilities
- Racialized Communities or LGBTQ2S+
How to Apply
For more information on this year’s fund, please see the 2023 Niagara Benchlands Destination Development Fund Application Guidelines.
Applications accepted until Friday, August 4, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- 2023 Application Guidelines - includes eligibility information for businesses and projects
- 2023 Evaluation Matrix
- Corporate Policy
- Appendix A – Project Budget
- Appendix B - Attestation Form
If you have any questions and/or comments about the Niagara Benchlands Destination Development Fund, please contact:
Britnie Bazylewski – Tourism Coordinator
- E | email@example.com
- P | 289-668-5009
Cameron Rotz – Economic Development Officer
- E | firstname.lastname@example.org
- P | 289-668-0610
In line with the priorities identified in Lincoln’s Five-Year Tourism Strategy and Action Plan (2020-2025), this fund aims to foster growth, innovation, and collaboration among Lincoln’s tourism stakeholders that align with our destination’s values.
One of the key priorities noted in the Tourism Strategy and Action Plan was to encourage additional private sector investment in the areas of festivals/events and tourism activations to increase destination awareness and provide opportunities for increased visitation and visitor spending.
The Niagara Benchlands Destination Development Fund aims to promote and foster the following values when considering support for tourism events and activations:
- Quality - We stand behind the quality of our products, services, and experiences, and these create a community where we want to grow, prosper, and belong.
- Diversity - We celebrate the diversity of our destination, its people, and our future.
- Engagement - We have an engaged tourism community that participates and supports our success.
- Authenticity - We embrace our rural roots and showcase an authentic Lincoln for all.