Winter Weather Updates
The Town of Lincoln resumes business as usual today, March 15, 2017.
Update (Wednesday, March 15, 2017):
- All programming resumes - March Break camp, library program
- Museum is open for visitors
- Keep It Clear remains in effect as crews are continuing to clear roads. Your cooperation is appreciated by not parking on streets.
- Be a good neighbour and help out an elderly or vulnerable neighbour by shovelling their walk or driveway
- Please help our Fire Services by making sure all fire hydrants near/on your property are clear of snow and ice
- Other ways you can help
- Regional services - garbage pick up from yesterday will be on Saturday, March 18. Today's pick up is happening, but delayed due to snow/weather.
Questions or comments about winter closures, email email@example.com or call 905-563-2799 ext. 234.
Update (Tuesday, March 14, 4:30 p.m.)
- Forecast is calling for more snow and a winter storm warning remains in effect
- A Keep It Clear alert remains in effect meaning that there is no street parking during the storm. Vehicles on the street make it near impossible to clear roads effectively.
- Crews are continuing to clear roads and will be working into the evening and through the overnight to prepare for tomorrow's commute
- Town offices remain closed and an update will be provided in the morning based on current weather conditions
Please be safe if you need to travel on the roads. Help out elderly or vulnerable neighbours by shovelling their driveway and walk.
Update (Tuesday, March 14, 7 a.m.):
- Town of Lincoln offices are closed today, Tuesday, March 14. The following programs are cancelled as road conditions are not good and forecast is more snow and wind:
- March Break camp at Fleming Centre
- Public skating & other ice bookings at Fleming Centre and Jordan Arena
- Senior's programming at Lincoln Centre
- Library programming at Fleming and Moses Rittenhouse branches
- Jordan Historical Museum closed
- Crews are actively plowing roads since 4:30 a.m.
- Garbage & recycling delayed until Saturday, March 18, as per Niagara Region closures/changes to services
Online services remain available for residents during this closure.