ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
The Council of the Town of
- Municipal business is conducted with integrity, in an open and fair manner, and with a goal of maximizing efficiency and effectiveness;
- Open and responsive meeting practices are established that ensure that citizens have access to, and awareness of, Council and Committee business being discussed;
- Public access to information is provided in a manner consistent with legislative requirements;
- Members of Council and staff conduct themselves in accordance with corporate values;
- Inquiries, concerns and complaints are responded to in a timely manner;
- Delegated responsibilities are documented and include appropriate oversight.
In order to strengthen the Accountability and increase the Transparency of the Town’s activities, from time to time Council enacts specific policies and practices to clearly establish the framework within which the municipality will consistently operate. One such policy is Council’s Accountability and Transparency Policy. This and other policies are available in Council’s Virtual Library – or by contacting the Town’s Corporate Services Department.