The Town of Lincoln is fully serviced by police, fire and ambulance agencies.
If an emergency occurs and you need urgent assistance from the police, fire or ambulance services, dial 9-1-1.
However, all calls should not go to 9-1-1. Don't call 9-1-1 unless you have an emergency where life or property is in immediate danger. If you do not have an emergency situation, you can use the regular telephone numbers listed at the bottom of this page to contact police, fire and ambulance business offices.
Tips for Dialing 9-1-1
If you are calling from a regular land phone or a wireless cellular phone, here are some tips to help you in making a 9-1-1 emergency call:
- Operators answer all calls on 9-1-1 with: "9-1-1, Do you require Police, Fire or Ambulance?" Though it may be difficult, try to remain calm. Immediately identify which emergency service you require. If your situation requires more than one emergency agency, advise the call taker what the situation is.
- Don't hang up until the emergency operator tells you to. Answer all questions and follow the operator's instructions. Know your telephone phone number. You may be asked for your number, in case you are disconnected and the emergency operator needs to call you back. Also, be aware that your call may have to be transferred to another dispatcher or emergency service agency.
- Know where you are. The emergency operator won't always have this information or be familiar with the local area. Stay calm and describe your location accurately. Keep in mind your call may have to be transferred to another agency in the area.
- All calls should not go to 9-1-1. Don't call 9-1-1 unless you have an emergency where life or property is in immediate danger. You can use the non-emergency contact numbers listed below to call emergency service providers for routine matters or general inquires.
- Do not enter 9-1-1 into your telephone's memory. If certain buttons on your phone are accidentally pressed, you could call 9-1-1 accidentally. This distracts the emergency operator, who is trying to answer real emergency calls and can pose a serious risk to public safety. If your phone has a "one button" emergency feature, make sure it is disabled to avoid accidental calls.
If you have an emergency, don't hesitate. Call immediately. Hesitating will delay an emergency response.
Non-Emergency Contact NumbersTown of Lincoln Fire and Rescue Service: (905) 563-8205 Niagara Regional Police Services [Grimsby]: (905) 945-2211 Niagara Regional Police Services [St. Catharines]: (905) 688-4111 Ontario Provincial Police: 1-888-310-1122 Niagara Emergency Medical Services: (905) 984-5050
Additional links to these service providers can be found by exploring our website.